Monday 17 September 2012

Bouncy Balls - Noise Meter for the Classroom

I stumbled across this website which has a whole heap of interactive and fun visual tools which would work well in the classroom.

I particularly liked Bouncy Balls, which works with your microphone - when there is no noise, the balls don't move, the more noise the higher the balls bounce. I thought this would be a great tool for behaviour management in the classroom. Used as a noise meter, students can visually see when they are getting too loud within activities and are then able to self-regulate.

I cannot wait to try this out next term! I just hope it doesn't have the opposite effect!
Give is a go at here.

4 comments:

  1. Head mobile phones disturbance closing reduces down extra unwanted appears to be. This entire process is implemented through active disturbance control where one or more mic are placed near the ear. An electronic circuits with the help of the mic indication produces an anti-noise indication.
    noisy neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my first time using this app and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you use this projected on the smart board? Where would the microphone go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you get it

    ReplyDelete